Saturday, February 8, 2014

drawings of my sculptures by college students learning about abstraction


My husband Joe is teaching a college drawing class this semester at Biola University and he started out the semester with a still life of some of my sculptures. The objective was to help ease students used to drawing from life (still life, landscape, figure) to begin thinking about the possibilities of abstraction. These's are a few of my favorite results. 

I've done drawings on my work in progress before but it never worked well and I usually ended up using the paper as material rather than image. But looking at these student drawings,  I'm feeling pretty inspired by this idea so I might try doing a few drawings of my own from the same beginning point, sculpture as still life, to see what could happen....


No comments:

Post a Comment